Sunday, February 19, 2012

The Farmers Wife

A few months ago I was blog stalking and found this wonderful quilt "the farmer's wife" it might be a little ambitious but then again I kinda like the things that push me in ways that i normally wold do on my own hence the reason i join this little quilting bee. I wont lie I have loved making all these little squares 6X6 (hint hint) they have made me a better quilter forcing me to keep on task and not not move ahead when I shouldn't. I have a tendency to not read directions and just jump in.
So lets jump into this....

Each one of you will receive:
1. 1of3 fabric packets, and far to much fabric at that.
2. templets to all the pattern pieces you will need.
3. a list of the patterns
4. email including all the pictures of the patterns. I was going to post them all but thinking i might get into publishing rights problems i thought it might just be best to email them separately

I would love it if you finished all the squares, some will have 7 and some will have 8, but if you cant find the time I understand its pretty demanding to do so many different ones. But I would love at least 3 plus one that matches the quilt pattern you have chosen for you own quilt, i'm a bit of a sentimental person and want to remember all the hands that helped make this. When you send the 6x6 squares back please label them with tape of post-its and I will need to finish the ones that don't get done. Remember how I said I was being ambitious with this quilt, well its not stoping at the kind of quilt but also the size, I'm hoping to get enough squares done to make a queen or even a king size for all those beach and park days to come this summer.

I know that I am posting a bit early but because of the ambitious nature I figured I would send it out early to give a little more time to complete. But please don't start or open this one until you finish February firsts.

No comments:

Post a Comment