Wednesday, January 4, 2012

So here is the pattern for January. I have mailed out the fabric today. Don't panic you will not be responsible for any of the appliqué-I will be doing that myself. Just put the white fabric in the middle square and leave it plain. I am going to be cross-stitching different family members in each square for a heirloom quilt. The tan side strips, in the picture, are going to be black. All the measurements are included in the pattern below and if you click on it it should enlarge. So you should each receive a piece of white and black for the middle and the sides as well as a ton of different colored scraps for all the little squares. I have included around 20 materials each and I would like it if you could use as many unique pieces of patterned fabric as possible. Just like in the pattern shown I would like their to be little to no repetition. If you need to supplement with fabric from your own stash that is fine as long as you stick to the bright color scheme that is already happening. My goal with this quilt was to use as much stash as possible and see if we can create something beautiful for my little five year old. Happy sewing! Just a tip for any of you ladies that haven't done patchwork style before-exact measurements are critical. If the measuring is wrong the pieces will not line up together. Any questions please let me know.
Thanks, Tara

No comments:

Post a Comment