Friday, September 23, 2011

September Block

I am excited that I was able to actually do this prior to September 30th. Now if I can only get it in the mail back to Maryanne before then. As has been posted a couple times previously, making this block really has been a process of making it up as I went along. I can be a sort of anti-direction follower and like to use directions as more of a spring board than strict guidelines.

I started out with the idea of making the separate blocks as suggested in the directions but found that I would have preferred sewing the white fabric around the blocks of color on only three of the four sides and then slicing and squishing to make them fit. All in all it was an interesting process to work in sort of a free-form manner.

I am looking forward to seeing the rest of them and then seeing how Maryanne fits them all together.

No comments:

Post a Comment