Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Figure it out as you go!




I've never made a modern cross or a not so modern cross for that matter. But I was intrigued when Heidi sent the fabric, the dimensions, and then said 'figure it out'. So instead of 'making it up as you go" I was left with 'figure it out as you go' as in figure it out with math!! Math-is not a word that leaves me with warm fuzzy feelings. With that, I took a deep deep breath, a pencil and paper and started 'figuring' it out! It wasn't that hard.  Why do I let that word scare me?  I'm a big girl with life experiences and I can do this! Then I DID IT! In less than 1 hour I had the block finished and felt a great sense of accomplishment! Never again, will that word 'math' intimidate me! Thanks Heidi, for taking me outside my life box! It was a fun block to do and I do love the vertical and horizontal lines that are all connected into straight lines!

1 comment:

  1. I am glad that the idea of using math wasn't too intimidating to try it out. Your block is incredibly precise! Well done. I love it. Your block was the first I received in the mail and it came as a total surprise of how soon it was done and back in my mail box.

    ReplyDelete