Friday, October 14, 2011

Introduction and September Square


Hello fellow bee members, I'm Katherine. I'm not the best at posting things on blogs, but I am really excited to be a part of this quilting bee.
I started sewing about 3 years ago, and I learned most everything I know about sewing from Heidi and Amy. I have completed one quilt in my life, and am hoping to make many more in the future.
I enjoyed the challenge of sewing the confetti block. I was unable to wrap my head around how to create a "freestyle" block, so I ended up meticulously planning out my square with a scale model paper block. Then, after watching Heidi effortlessly whip up strips for her confetti square, I had a better understanding of the process described in the instructions. I was hoping to have another go at making a square, but the month flew by. I am looking forward to seeing the confetti quilt top in its entirety.
I am almost ready to begin working on my plus square, and I love the picture Terry posted of her finished block. However, I first have to finish up a colonial costume order placed by an eager and impatient six year old.

No comments:

Post a Comment