Friday, August 12, 2011

Hi, I'm Jennie and I'm a wanna be quilter

I feel really out of my element after reading over everyone's introduction posts. I feel like I must admit that I have only made three quilts: the first when I was 16. It has purple-ish calico cows appliqued all over it. It permanently resides in my parents' house with all my other embarrassing forays into the world of crafting; the next was a white on white wedding quilt for my older sister (I used to be afraid of color); the third was a wedding quilt for my younger sister using a set pattern, white space and rich colors. I liked the way this quilt turned out. I then began having children and haven't quilted since.

I still owe my brother and my other sister a wedding quilt. As well as myself.

I am thrilled to participate in this modern quilting bee. Making a few quilt blocks each month seems actually plausible in my currently busy life with three little kids. I paint, sew, make mosaics, dabble in woodworking and dream of doing everything else as well. I thought I was fairly well-versed in the world of crafting until I met Heidi. She put me to shame. And inspired me. I also feel inspired reading about all of your quilting experiences. I feel like my time to do some excellent quilting has finally arrived.

No comments:

Post a Comment