Thursday, August 11, 2011

Terry..... I love, love, love to Quilt!

Hi, my name is Terry! I am so excited to join this group! My husband and I moved to Santa Clara from Longmont, CO about 4 months ago. I am still struggling with finding my place and 'my people'! I had a great quilting group in Colorado and really miss my groupies.

I have been quilting since 2000, when I went to a big Quilt Show and was inspired, overwhelmed, and I knew I had to make some quilts. I started right away by taking as many classes as I could! For me, that was the way I learned to be precise, learned the rotary cutting techniques and started machine quilting. My Mother always quilted as far back as I can remember--only she did it the old fashioned way, piecing and quilting by hand. I did a few projects when I was much younger but it was way to slow for me. I pretty much need some instant gratification!

Many years later I found that I could actually piece on my machine and quilt on my machine. Those two things changed my life. During the last 11 years I have sewn lots and lots of quilts. Some of my family members have been known to say 'enough already with the quilts' (they don't get anymore quilts!) I love cutting the fabric into little pieces and then sewing them all back together! It is a form of therapy for me! Before I moved I had over 100 quilting books! Sorry to say I had to get rid of most of them.... I love Batiks, Reproductions, Brights especially Amy Butler and Kaffe Fassett. I have made many traditional patterns as well as modern patterns. I love the results and can't part with some of my finished quilts for many months or sometimes even years. My love for quilting has really grown over the years because of the other quilters that I'vemet and been inspired by, through classes and groups. Quilting groups really are the best way to enhance your love of quilting and find friends that share your love and passion!

I can't wait to get started and love hearing about all of you! Hopefully, we can all meet in the near future!

No comments:

Post a Comment