Monday, August 1, 2011

Hi, I'm Maryanne

And I'm really excited about being a part of this quilting bee. Like Heidi, I have way too many hobbies, but I love quilting and have been looking for a way to be involved with a group of quilters.

I started quilting about 5 years ago, and am self and book taught. I like order in my quilts, but am slowly warming to "wonkiness". (Slowly.) I'm loving log cabin quilts right now, but I fall in love with and want to make almost every quilt I see. My current favorites are by Elizabeth Hartman, and my favorite fabrics are 1930's reproduction fabrics. (So pretty!) I collect quilting books, and wish there were more hours in the day and more fabric in my closet.

I live in Santa Clara with my husband, two daughters, and my aqua and teal Hello Kitty sewing machine.

1 comment:

  1. I would never have expected your sewing machine to NOT be aqua and teal with hello kitty accents...

    ReplyDelete